Dr. Poa is a lifelong learner, entrepreneur and Chartered management accountant, always seeks new knowledge and applies it in business ventures. His study areas focus in marketing, financial & strategic management, leadership and entrepreneurship. Dr. Poa has established a few businesses in different industries such as education, skills development, training, travel & F&B businesses in Malaysia & overseas, and listed one of his companies at QHEE, China. Dr. Poa has 20 years of professional experiences in new business set up and financing; operation & marketing; buying & selling businesses; accounting & finance and government licenses. Dr. Poa also provides management consultancy services for companies and invests in new start-up businesses.
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Business Administration, University of Bolton UK
- Diploma in Financial Management, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) UK
- MBA, Western Sydney University, Australia
- Master of Science (MSc) in Accounting & Finance (Distinction), Birmingham City University, UK
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Business Administration, Bulacan State University, Philippine.
- Doctor of Education (EdD), Azteca University Austrian Branch Campus, Mexico.
Professional Memberships & University Appointment & Executive Educations:
- Chartered Accountants CA (M), Malaysian Institute of Accountants
- Chartered Global Management Accountants (AICPA & CIMA)
- Fellow Member for Chartered Management Accountants (FCMA)
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (FRSA), UK
- Ministry of Human Resource’s Certified Train The Trainer
- Adjunct Professor, Bulacan State University, Philippine
- Professor, Azteca University Austrian Branch Campus, Mexico
- Oxford Digital Marketing: Disruptive Strategy, Said Business School, University of Oxford, UK
- Cambridge High Impact Leadership, Cambridge Institute of Sustainability Leadership, University of Cambridge, UK
- Certificate in School Management and Leadership, Harvard Graduate School of Education and Harvard Business School, Harvard University, USA
Business Ventures : (2011 to 2021)
- Founder & Director for Asian Institute of Entrepreneurship Ltd. Accredited centre by International Association of Accounting Professionals, affiliated with Institute Association of Bookkeepers UK, established 1973.
- Founder, Director, Lecturer & Trainer for Elite International College for Higher Education programs; South East Asia Academy and SEA Management Academy HRDF Executive Training Programs; Cahaya Suria languages related programs.
Professional Experiences : (1997 to 2010)
- CEO for Putra International College for Troy University USA’s programs.
- Vice President, International Marketing for City University Malaysia, marketing and managing University of Ballarat, University of Wales, University of East London and University of Southern Cross programs.
- Head of Marketing for ATC College which have campuses at Malaysia, Singapore and Hong Kong.
- Finance Executive at The British Council at Kuala Lumpur.